Friday, August 26, 2005

Can I get another AMEN!!!!

Have you ever sat down at your blog not knowing what to write, but hoping that something good comes out? Well folks, this is one of those times....hope my brain kicks into gear soon.

I guess i should start by talking about what life has dealt to me this past couple of weeks because it has been pretty phenominal. I really don't intend to brag, and by no means am i trying to put anyone down....i really just want to praise Him for all that has happenned. I'm definately experience a wet period (wet being opposite to dry). There were days when i found it hard to count, or even see how God was blessing me, but these days i seem to forget the numerous experinces i have been granted.

Before i continue any further i guess i should say this. God is faithful. Looking back i guess i could count the last few years as a dry spell. I've gone through some rough and depressing personal issues, mainly becuase i felt isolated by my own personality. But He has brought me through that. I've learned to find the person that i am....and maybe starting to learn to love him.

This has been for many a number of factors. A big one was reading a book called Blue Like Jazz, which if you haven't already heard of it, I'm buying it for you. It made me realize many things i should have known but completely forgotten. I really started to feel God's love through reading that book, and came to realize many of my own faults, and ways in which i was holding myself back.

Being with Hanna has also taught me a lot. I don't feel afraid to be myself around her, in fact, she encourages it without knowing. I see in her a lot of what i'm beginning to see in me: comfort in who she is, and love and affection for all. In her, i've gained a life-long friend and partner in Christ. For the longest time i figured that i would go alone in my search, but God is teaching me new things everyday; that we can grow in Him through the companionship of our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've also been blessed by the oppurtunity to see my family. With my Mum and step-dad coming to visit during the summer, i was once again reminded how important a strong and lasting relationship with your parents is. I miss my family very much, and i gets harder and harder every day we are apart. I want to put so much effort into staying in good contact with them, and never forget how important they are. My brother is also in the US at the moment, staying with one of the coolest girls i know, and who is now offically my "little" sister, Katie. The experience of spending time with the both of them this summer will be one i will never forget. The relationship i had with my brother is slowly turning from one that was based on hate, to one that is now based on love. I really miss being around him and talking to him about his life. He is such an interesting guy, that i learn new things about every time we talk, and am astounded at his love for others. And Kate, i have grown so much with this summer. It truly feels like she has become apart of our family, and continues to bless me and my brother with her incredible patience and humility. I cannot describe how it feels to have a friend like her without talking about her like a family member. It really has been a blessing getting to know her better this summer.

Finally, God has also allowed me to reuinite with some friends from Australia, and has got me looking forward for them visiting. Two of my best friends from home, Jakky and Giuseppe are planning to visit next year, and i am so excited!!! I haven't seen them in a long time, nor had adequate time to sit and talk with them. I've also been able to talk to two other friends, Chris and Kate, with whom i probably haven't spoken to forever, but the conversations have been so meaningful to me, to know that i can still connect with them personally after all this time.

I know this all sounds really cheesy and awfully corny (hmmm those two sounds really good right now), but i am no afraid to attribute all these incredible things in my life to the faithfulness of God. One thing i've learnt more than any other this summer, is that being out of control is incredible. It's better than being on auto-pilot. It's almost like riding first-class and getting served constantly. Every time i've tried to fly the plane it always crashes....but i think i've finally been able to let go of the controls and im allowing God more and more to take over. And it feels like a flight i've never experienced. (Nice move from the food comment to the plane analogy Brenton!).

~Father in heaven, i want to thank you and praise you more as each day passes. You guide me with your likght and lead me out of darkness in an unpredictable way. You are so faithful. I pray that my family and friends can come to know what you have already done for them; given them a way, a truth and a life. Lord continue to take the controls form my hands. Allow my will to be formed with Yours, and may i never cease in praising you every day of my life. Amen~
Photo section
OK, so i know my arm looks like a dead fish. But i really have enjoyed hangin out with my bro (Jake, for those who don't know). I can only hope he been able to put up with my dorkiness this week!









Being able to hang out with Katie, Kristen and Lance last week was also a real blessing. Definately missin the good old days back in Highland. Manhattan is still pretty cool though!!










By far some of the best icecream i've ever had. Coldstone rocks! (For the record......its a salmon polo, not pink!)
















I really cannot say enough about Hanna. I love that we can be dorks together. God has blessed me with an incredible person to grow closer to Him with. I learn new things from her everyday, and she reminds me of how real our relationship is to Christ.

5 comments:

Brenton said...

Luke, thanks for the concern bro. I can't even begin to explain how much your friendshup has changed my life. God has really worked through you to help me see what a Christ centered life is all about, and i just want to praise Him for it. You're right....i have no idea how to put links or pictures or anything on the side....you're gonna have to help me with that. Might even put a profile up.....for the kiddies. Thanks for lettin me use your car too....Jake and I had a great time last night. Hope your C-PAT goes well today. Im prayin for ya bro.

friend said...

That hand fish thing is funny.

Anonymous said...

dude, I had no idea I could comment until just now!! Wo!! It's Brenton.... dang man, I miss you.... Mississippi misses you even though you've never been there. COme home, Brenton, come home to Mississippi where you belong, at least until I graduate college and then after that you need to move to Texas with me.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....Look whose blog I found. Interesting! Betcha don't know who THIS is? Snicker snicker
But I will say this... whose the cute gal your hangin with named Hannah?
Tell me about it...you will have to call me late at night and talk for hours like last time. Oh and next time you will BELIEVE me when I say to you or LUKE about who is and ISN'T The 1. Ya think? I HOPE SO! Lol and serious both.

Luv you know who

Anonymous said...

Btw I just read your post (where the pictures were) great post Bob.
I loved the plane illustration and the food one too. (but it made me hungry);> And your right about remembering the value of your parents. Good on ya mate! You are a real live Wiseguy. (and that is a good thing)(ok you can see I am in a goofy mood) but in all seriousness I love what the Lord is teaching you. And remember even if I have to hit you upside the head every once in a while (it is all in love... always) you always have family here in AZ as well. k
I mean it. You are like a brother to Luke.
(does that help you figure out at few things?) lol
Blessings and a BIG HUG!
YOM me