Sunday, February 19, 2006

4 hour sleep week!

Yep. It's been that kinda week. You let yourself get in the habit of thinking that 5 hours of sleep....is a SLEEP-IN!!! Man....i've gotta kick this habit.

So this is another update i guess. Poetry's takin a back seat. This week has just had too much happen to it to let it slide......so here goes.

So Tuesday....i won the whole Mr. Spire deal. It was pretty funny. I won a cape and a crown and lost a lot of shame (had to paint my toenails!). I wish i could post some pictures, but i guess i've lost my adapter for my camera.......what a shame....my nails looked so good.

Wednesday. Got the call from Cypress Creek Christian Church in Houston, TX (cypresscreekdoc.org), and they offered me a youth intern position at their church for the summer with their high school group!!!! I was really stoked. God has blessed me abundantly with that oppurtunity, and even though i've never been to their church before, and I will be missing some valuable time with my buddies here in KS, i'm looking forward to learning a whole bunch from the group in Houston! I even got to write a letter to the youth....here's an excerpt:

"During my college years, I really felt like God was pulling me towards ministry, and especially towards the youth (Hey, that’s you!). I made the decision to dedicate my life to doing His will and developing a relationship with Him……and it has been A – MAZING. I’ve taken some pretty hard falls during that time, and gone through a lot of tests (which I’d be glad to talk to you about), but I have learned that God is faithful in everything He puts us through and that He will never lead us into things that are too much for us to bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). Based on this, I just live my life FULL OUT for God, and hold nothing back. You’ll find out that I can be a little weird at times….a little dorky…. and a little tall? But I am passionate and serious about our God and the love He has for all of us through His son. I can’t wait to meet y’all (oh man, the lingo has caught on already!)"

Please be prayin for the youth of Cypress Creek and that my experience there will help all of us draw closer to Him.
Youth group on Wednesday was awesome too. It was a lot of fun for everyone and i got to hang out with the youth again...which is always good (Love you guys!!!)

Thursday.....crazy day. Senior night for basketball. Im gonna admit....it was pretty tough to get recognized for this year....i got really choked up about the idea of not playing college basketball again. You really do realize how much you miss things when they're gone, and with my injury, it has been difficult this year (still nursing a torn hamstring). But I've been taught so much through that experience...even through the bad times......
That night i had an 7-pager to write, and stayed up way to late trying to get it done....took a nap and got up and finished it though.

Friday.....4 classes later, i'm at Zona Rosa, and my old roomate Lance gives me a call, telling me he'll be in Leavenworth for the weekend! I was super excited, and it was really good hangin out with him. We went ghost hunting on campus when he got in (well, just toured the campus at night). I introduced him to a couple of St. Mary's buddies, and we just stayed up all hours.

Saturday.....work......6am to 7pm...nuff said. Lance's birthday also.....we ate dinner with his volleyball team as he was at a v-ball tournament all weekend (reason he was at St. Mary's). We went to Lawrence that night and caught up with our mutual friend, Jana...who was also celebrating a birthday. It was great to see her and to meet her friends.......miss hangin out with those two.

Sunday....church with no message....it was awesome! Well....in the sense that i got to talk to heaps of people and meet a couple new. Our church is growing really fast, and the atmosphere is really unintrusive. It's just one big family....i love it. Got to hang out with Tara (friend from school) too.....haven't done that in a while. We talked about just about everything....she's great for that.

Well as you can probably tell....im dyin on ya....4 hour sleep week has definately caught up with me....and its time to visit Sleepytown for at least 8 hours.....Goodnight Sweet World......and God Bless!

1 comment:

FL PT said...

Congrats on the internship, Mr. Spire!! That's awesome. It sounds like it will be a great experience, for you and for the kids you will be working with. So, will you be there all summer?

Ok, you seriously need to start sleeping...ha ha. It sounds like you had a fun week though. Ghost hunting?! What's that all about?

I hope you have a great week.