Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ode to Human Ingenuity

Well done mortal men!
We have done very well!
We have captured the essence of heaven,
And conquered the depths of hell!

We have built buildings high
And discovered seas low
We have allowed man to fly
And made it a great show!

We have pondered great thought
And philosophized deep theory
Our minds can think not
Of the limit to our creativity!

Let us boast to the degree
That all of gravity can hold
Let me flick on the switch
So that all of us can see

Whoops! I forgot to change the light bulb!

2 comments:

Brenton said...

I thought about this poem after work yesterday, because i was thinking about how perfect this week had gone....It has been a hectic week, its had its had some big ups....and big downs....but out of it all, i've come out just fine....it's been a perfect human week.

I caught myself marvelling in its perfectness, and about all i had a acheived and how amazingly i had accomplished everything, even in the hard times. But i realized that this couldn't possibly be because of my humaness. My humaness could have killed me this week...just by making a stupid decision.

The little things that have do do with being human are what makes us inperfect, and they happen all the time. I discovered that this week in a big way. I've been reminded that God has the power to remove that inperfectness, but only by his grace... with none of my help ~Thank you Jesus for wiping away my stains and errors and imperfections and making me perfect in Your sight...everyday. Amen~

CleanSlate said...

lol! way too funny and very true. Man is always trying to boast about this or that and in the end they will always screw up. Hence why they are man. Very cute poem boberalla! oh annndddd CARDS CARDS CARDS CARDS CARDS!