Saturday, June 24, 2006

Update! Update!















Beautiful cloud over Houston sunset

So it's about time i gave an update.....so much has happenned in the last couple of weeks that i've kinda been putting it off.....i guess that just means more stuff to update on....

So camp was an amazing time. I had the chance to really get to know a lot of the kids in our youth group at Cypress Creek, but also a lot of the kids in the area Disciples churches . I was the co-leader of a small group, and the laughing stock of the whole camp! I gotta admit though....i kinda brought it on myself, being Australian and all.....hehehe. Well, i also wore a bunch of "orange head accessories" as one camper called it. I had two orange hats, plus i brought an orange scarf.....which i ended up wearing on my head.















My buddy Isaac from Camp. Please be praying for him.

There were so many stories that came out of that camp that i'd be crazy to try write them all down. The most fulfilling parts for me was definately the small group time and the worship. Some of the discussions that took place in our group were really well. They definately challenged my faith, and hopefully deepened some of the campers. The worship times were excellent too. I got to befriend an amazing couple: Chris and Janelle Henderson, who led the worship sessions every day. Just being able to interact and fellowship with them was so rewarding, and them allowing me to lend some of my musical gifts was the greatest gift for me at that camp. I really feel like it helped me develop a greater passion for worship and getting involved.















Me and Chris jammin during some free time
After a week of camp, and life away from reality (it's really nice...you should try it sometime!), we came back to another crazy week of full on work in youth ministry at Cypress Creek. Not only are we frantically preparing for mission trip (in the second week of July), but we also had a bunch of programs this week. Tuesday we had Altered practice (our youth band which has two gigs in Dallas in July), Wednesday was bible study (we got through Daniel Chp 2, and the mini-van got a new paint job), and Thursday was TAN DAY!! One of the coolest service days i've ever been on (i wrote about it on our church youth blog cccc4life.blogspot.com).















Me snarfing (inhaling) some chocolate pudding out of a styrofoam cup!
Friday and Saturday were also AMAZING! Friday.....i managed to accomplish absolutely NOTHING AT ALL!!! It was a great feeling. Saturday i wrote a couple emails and played some cards and dominoes with Mary Beth and Pat. I tried to teach them Hand and Foot, but i think i messed up somehow....i'm gonna have to get the Gilberts to help me out with that.

Today was pretty awesome though. After church we had a ground breaking for the new youth building which will be completed within a year (i think). Then Sunday School, and youth group tonight which was awesome. It was a worship night, and i got to lead. I think it was the first time i've ever felt confident leading worship, and feeling good about it when it was done. It was a great night where we really focused on the lyrics, intertwined with scripture, and some good prayer time. It was much needed for me.....i pray that the kids felt the same.
Chelsey, Lindsey and Jenica re-doing the soccer mum mini-van.
So thats got to be the shortest version of a two week update i've ever done! I'm hoping to get a video up on here pretty soon of the church where i work.....that will be coming. Also! Tommorrow i leave for MIAMI!!!! I'm off to see my MUM!!!! I'm so excited.....i haven't seen here in over a year now, and there is so much we will catch up on. I'm thinkin a lot of beach time too! I can't wait! Please be praying about that!

Well that's about all i got.....you guys have a great week, hopefully i can update from Miami....Love you guys. God Bless

1 comment:

CleanSlate said...

Wow sounds like you're just havin' a blast down there me bucko! Can't wait to see your smiling aussie face back up in the kansas region. Since you left its all been rain and wilted flowers.
-kat
ps muahahaaahhaaa...