Sunday, July 09, 2006

On a Mission in New Orleans...




This week I am on the road again. I know i haven't updated since the last round of trips i've been on. But i get the feeling that this one is going to stick with me for a while...

On Sunday morning a group of 36 from our church will be making the journey to New Orleans o participate with Habitat for Humanity and Mission Lab to be a small part of the re-building process in New Orleans.

I feel blessed just to even be going on this trip, as i know many have gone before us and prepared the way so we can work. But this is a part of America where many have been struck by deep poverty, if they weren't in it already. Ever since hurricane Katrina I have wanted to be able to participate in just a small way, and getting that chance makes me feel extremely blessed.

But i also know that it will be a testing time for me and many of the others we will be working with.

I would ask that you would pray not just for me and our church, but for the lives we will come into contact with while in New Orleans. If you could leave a prayer in the comment section of this post, i would really appreciate it.

I'll be gone for a week...
Who knows if i will come back...

~God.......my heart and prayers goes out to those that have been struck by the devastation of last years hurricanes. I don't know what this trip will bring for me or our church, but all i ask is that your will would be done in New Orleans. That you would use us for that divine will. And in someway....in some small part, bring a glimpse of Your hope and peace to the citizens of this city. I can't praise you enough for this oppurtunity. Grow me and use me on this journey. In Jesus' name. Amen~

No comments: