Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Can we sing religious songs......again?

So this is the final week of term 2 at camp. Its a wierd feeling because in one way i am totally drained and in another way im extremely pumped up. On Saturday ill see my mum and step dad for the first time in about a year, and i can't express how excited i am about that. I just got off the phone with them this morning, and they are counting down the hours. My bro, Jake, is also going to be in Kansas in about a month also, so.....exciting times are ahead. Also, Luke, I'm so pumped that you're even thinking about coming down to visit. You would love camp down here, and especially the Marble Falls area. Can't wait to have you down here bro.

So the title of my blog??? Well it has to do with an incredible oppurtunity that i thought would never present itself. Basically, i have a Jewish kid in my cabin that is infatuated with Christian praise and worship songs!! So much to the point that every spare minute of my day he's asking me to play some for him. He even wants to sing in front of the whole camp! God you are so amazing!!!! You might think that for me this would be a great ministry oppurtunity for me, but to be totally honest i feel so confused about what to do. I'm still trying to discern whether he's just singing to sing songs or whether he's interested in what they're about. We had a talk today about some of the Jewish songs he sings at Temple and how they're all in Hebrew and he hardly understands the meaning. He says that's why he likes Christian songs so much.

~Lord, i praise you for the oppurtunity to worship you infront of my campers every day. But i am helpless in bringing them to you without your help. I lay this all down at Your feet Father. I know you your children to be praising You in your kingdom. May this be part of their preparation and growth for their eternal lives in Your paradise.~

~I also ask Father that you watch over my parents and Katie, and keep them safe on their trips to Las Vegas. Father i ask that this week as I get to spend time with more of my family, that you would bless it and always be present. I'm dying for the oppurtunity for my parents to know you more, and i ask that you would come into their lives in accordance with your will. Allow me to be patient and wise in my decisions this week. I want to praise you in all my actions. Amen.~

2 comments:

Brenton said...

Hey mum,

I'm so excited for you to come over. I was so pumped the rest of yesterday after i talked to you. The whole camp knew we had talked. I can't wait to see Katie either, haven't seen her in a while now. Well, i hope your lunch went well with Jake and i really will see you on sunday!!!

J-and-j said...

Hooray for family reunions...I am so excited for you... You'll have to give me the scoop on Las Vegas when you return next week. Bye for now!