Monday, July 18, 2005

Thank God for Family

Well, I'm back from my one week off from camp, and i sure needed it. Not only for time off, but for the time spent with my mum and stepdad, who i hadn't seen in almost a year. It was so good to catch up with the both of you and just having you around. I miss those times, and im jealous of all people who get to spend consistent time with their families. It is definately a blessing that is too short to take for granted.

For those that don't know, after term 2 ended at camp. I had a week off before the start of third term which started yesterday. My mum and Dave (my step dad) came up to visit from Australia and we spent three days in Las Vegas before heading to Kansas for the rest of the week. Vegas was definately an experience. If you can see through all the gambling and over accentuated sex appeal that a town like vegas offers, you definately marvel at the incredible minds God has placed within mankind to build and invent such amazing towers, buildings, rollercoasters and light displays. We spent a fantastic three days in Las Vegas and i got to grow closer to my family during that time.

The next four days were even better. I got to take mum and Dave back to Kansas, the place where i have definately done a lot of growing up and learnt so much from so many different people. I got to introduce them to my "extended" family and take them to all the places i'd been to school. It was a great time for them to thank all those who had helped me so much. To all those that got to meet my parents, thank you for showing your appreciation for my family, and know that i consider all of you a part of my family. They couldn't thank you enough for all you have done.

And so camp starts back up again.........Third and final term, and i have to admit im running low on energy. I have a feeling that the campers in our cabin this time aren't going to be as exciting as the last term, but i've heard some amazing stories about these guys and one in particular, Trey, who has been longing to become a Christian. I was talking to one of the division leaders yesterday about him and he is fired up about winning him over for Christ. We're apparently not allowed to talk about religion, or as they told us at orientation: "no conversions". But a lot of the guys here at camp are taking the "well if i get fired.....i get fired" policy on that one, and i'm longing to do the same. I've never held myself back in talking to people about Christ, but i want to be completely open and unashamed this term. I just pray that my energy levels don't interfere with what God has planned for these campers.

~Lord if i may only plant a seed, for it to grow without my watering, I know that by your grace alone you will harvest many passionate believers. May my job be done for your purpose, and may i always keep that at the front of my mind and discern your will. Amen~

1 comment:

J-and-j said...

Hey BJ... Vegas was a good trip. I got to ride 3 rides at the stratosphere...yay! Gambling...um...the slots weren't as loose as I would have liked. Shopping...didn't really do any. Saw a show...with WAY too much...uhem...artistic expression. But otherwise...good time spent with the fam and friends. Good luck with the 3rd session!!!!