Friday, October 28, 2005

Waking up with the sun

For the past 2 weeks or so i've been waking up at about 7:45am every morning.....without fail. I've never been able to understand this, becuase it doesn't matter if i go to bed at 12 or got to bed at 4, i'll wake up....like clockwork at 7:45am. And it doesn't matter whether i've had 7 hours or 4 hours of sleep. I'll get through the day without ever noticing that im tired, or worn out....my body just keeps going.

When i do wake up, i wake up with this fear that my alarm hasn't gone off and i get up quickly to see what time it is. I have to sit up straight in order to see my clock and as soon as I see it...7:45am...i feel disappointed. "Brenton! You knew you set your alarm, why do you keep waking up before it....quit worrying you'll be late for class!"

But almost everymorning this week, when i've sat up to check my alarm, i look out my window, and there it is....the sun has just poked its head over the tree line. Its almost a blood red color, but as it rises turns to yellow, and the skyline on the horizon changes colors with it, almost mimicking it.

I don't know why this story is important, or what it means, and i still can't figure out why i wake up at 7:45 everymorning. Maybe a humble reader may be able to explain this phenomenon to me, or maybe just writing about it will clear it from my mind and allow me.....and the sun.....to get some rest....we're both very busy.

No comments: