Monday, June 06, 2005

Camp keeps getting better.

I praise you Lord for Your awesome presence at this camp. It has been an incredible experience thus far, and i am continually amazed at how much you continue to bless me and my campers everyday. I continue to ask for oppurtunities to build relationships with them, and show them Your love.

I had an answer to prayer yesterday, in meeting a bunch of new counsellors and spending some quality time with them. I had an off night last night and went to the LL to hang out (LL is short for Leprosy Lounge. It's the name for the counsellors lounge. Leprosy is just added in there to scare the campers away). Anyway, i took my guitar and i started playing some songs to myself to drawing a crowd of about 20 complete wih a drummer and an excellent singer. I got to have some great conversations with heaps of different people, and even exposed some worship music to non-Christians. Lord, i don't know what Your plans are for me with music, but i trust that they are in your hands.

I've also found it a lot easier to talk to other counsellors this week. I have to admit, ive been a bit shy. I think mostly because ive just been stuck in that "You're the Australian guy" mold. But i think im finally starting to come out of that and people are finally seeing me, and not a crocodile hunting kangaroo boxer!

Im so glad that many of you are checking up on me and reading my blog, to be quite honest i thought this would just be sort of a prayer journal for me, but im really glad that you're writing replys. Everytime i get a chance, ill try and write you all an email. It's really encouraging to hear from all of you, so thanks a lot. I hope you like the photos, if i get some time maybe ill add some more on. Lord, i thank you for my friends and pray that you watch over them and keep them safe this summer.

1 comment:

J-and-j said...

Yay for pictures!! Looks like you're having quite the time...I'm so happy for you. BTW...I definately saw the first photo w/o reading the caption first and was like "Oh my...what has texas done to him!"...Lol. Have a good week. (I wouldn't mind a post on my xanga...hinthint...j/k...I know you only have so much computer time). Bye 4 Now.

Jana*