Monday, June 27, 2005

Is consistency good?

The reason i ask the question is because that's what i'm missing. Some days i feel spiritually loaded, other days dry. Somedays i feel like i make better friends with my peers, and other days i feel like i make better friends with campers. Somedays i feel like an adult, and other days i feel like a kid. Some of these things i know how to solve, others i don't. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Is it better to be consistent, or live life like a carosel? Or do we really control that at all? Most times i look in the mirror i see a different reflection. One that i recognize, but not similar to the last. My question to you: Is that a good thing? I'm not much for deep thoughts, but that one has really been bugging me lately.

Otherwise, camp life is continuing to be incredible. I definately have my days, but im slowly learning how to correct it. I have my cabin mostly to thank for that. They are an incredible group of guys that continue to inspire me and energize me. The other day we had a really open talk about the bible and about Jesus, from their perspective as Jews and from my perspective as a Christian. The great thing was, we built a stronger relationship as a cabin through that discussion, and i can't praise God enough for these oppurtunities.

My Mum and step-dad are coming to visit in two weeks!!!! I cannot wait, and have been telling just about everyone i can about it. To my Kansas family, i can't wait to show you the relatives! You have been there for me in such a way that you have blessed my life and taken a lot of the worry off both my parents (not that they don't worry anyways!). I can't wait for them meet you and show how much they appreciate what you have done. My Dad and stepmum are also planning to come next year for my graduation!!! So i am blessed to have them come as well. My parents have put up with a lot with me (as i'm sure they'll tell you), but have been so supportive and incredible for all that i have wanted to do. Mum and Dad, I thank you so much for the oppurtunities you have provided me, and through this you have given me a platform to learn so many lessons about life, independantly, that you otherwise could have taught me. Thank you for you selflessness.

~Father in heaven, i praise you above all for the incredible family you have blessed me with here in the US and at home. Your grace has been more than sufficient in my life, and i pray that my family may see just a glimpse of the incredible love you have for them, and that you may bless them with your grace. Amen.~

P.S. Luke, hurry up and blog bro! I haven't heard from ya in a while!!!

2 comments:

Brenton said...

Tara,

Thanks so much for your thoughts. What you say makes a lot of sense, and in a way i think consistency in my life would provide a lot of comfort. But never thought that my inconsistency could just be, like you said, God stirring my fire. That excites me. Thanks for your post.

J-and-j said...

I'm so glad your mom and Dave are coming soon. I can't imagine how much you are looking forward to seeing them again!

Jana*