Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Music on the rise

Hey everyone,

So i figured that i would come to camp and have absolutely no time to either read, or work on playing the guitar. But it seems to have been the other way around. I'm currently reading 2 books at the moment.......at the same time!?!?! Wierd? If you know me, i hardly read a book a year, so this is pretty crazy. And Luke, yes, i'm still keeping up with Scripture......how, i have no clue.

Also, on my off nights, there has been a group of us that gets together and just jams out to different music. We have a guy named Alex who plays the djembe, and a girl named Shannon who has an incredible voice who sings pretty much anything. I play the guitar for the most part. Other people have been jumping in here and there, but all round it has been a great time to build relationships with people.

Shannon asked me the other day to sing a duet with her at counsellor skit night. Yes, be very scared. I have not attempted to let the wild animal that is my voice out of its cage too many times, so this could be interesting. I love the music we're playing, being all secular stuff, mainly because there is a wide diversity of religions at this camp. I tried busting out some Christian music one night, and for the most part people liked it, but i know I made a couple of people uncomfortable. Somehow, i think this is part of my mission as being a Christian, but at the moment i seem to be valuing the relaltionships im building over expressing my beliefs.

Lord, i praise you for giving me enough musical talents to use it as a tool to further your Kingdom. I ask that you guide me with Your Spirit to use the gifts You have blessed me with to help me follow the will you have for my life. Just for the record, i think Shannon wants to sing Volcano by Damien Rice. I might ask her if she wants to do Lean On Me. Any other suggestions?

Our final dance for the term is tonight, and we see our campers off on Friday. It has definately been a journey with our cabin and all of them have grown in some way from being at this camp. Im sure that we will probably not see the fruits of the growth but i pray that they have enjoyed their time here and that they may have seen a glimpse of Christ's love. Im gonna miss them, they've been a great crowd

2 comments:

J-and-j said...

Glad to hear you have down time to enjoy music! What a wonderful thing it is... And reading too...woah...slow down...hahaha.

Nice pirate pics by the way...Arg!!

Wedding is this weekend...things are getting crazy...

Bye for now

Jana*

J-and-j said...

The Carousel definately fits my life...bah! Really liked that analogy though.

As for the rubberband comparison...ya...that's mine. I usually put my more "poetic" comments inbetween ~these~.

So there you have it. Take care.

Jana*