Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Time, what is that?

Well it has been a crazy week to say the least. I've made a trip to Mexico and back, received a great bunch of 13 year old campers, and trying to find my place in an incredible camp. I've been able to teach basketball and lifeguard, but things are only getting started. The boys in my cabin are so well behaved and participate in just about everything, but they seem so spiritually lost.

The kids in my cabin are some of the coolest teenagers i have met. When i was there age i probably would have wanted to hang out with them. But, that's just it, they are so stuck on being cool. I just wish there was a way i could show them that you can be a really 'popular' person, without having to be 'cool'. (BJ's random thought of the day).

Anyway, aside from that, im really psyched about the Christian presence here. There is a group of male counsellors that meets every morning for prayer and reflection. I praise You Lord for those oppurtunities and continue to work in me even though sometimes i am so stubborn and impatient. I ask You for guidance in building relationships with these guys so that these friendships may help further Your kingdom.

Thanks to all of you that read and replied. If you have blogs of your own, id love to have your address so i can check up on how "y'all" are doing! If you don't have one GET ONE! They'e awesome. Kay, im done advertising. Please keep my campers in your prayers, they are a great bunch of guys and i pray that i and the rest of the counsellors are guiding them in the right direction.

1 comment:

J-and-j said...

Being a camp counselor is an awesome experience...I'm sure you've already discovered this. Do what you can to help them, but also let them help themselves...especially when it comes to spiritual matters. (There... my advice of the day). Glad to read you're still enjoying your summer. Take care Brenton.

Jana*

P.S. You already know where I post...I got you addicted...sorry :)