Monday, June 20, 2005

New Term, New Faces, New Culture

Sorry. It's been a long time since i hit the computer....this past week or so has been really busy with the end of first term and the beginning of second term starting. Life has been so crazy, that i've found that i have a lot of reading to catch up on and many people to get in contact with......including my parents eek! Sorry Dad, haven't wished you a happy Father's day yet, but if you read this before i get to ya, know that i was thinking about you on Sunday.

Luke, and the rest of the Leavenworth crew. I've been praying for you guys. You're constantly in the back of my mind and still the greatest youth group i've been apart of. I know that God has some incredible things lined up for us and is working so strongly through all of you. I feel blessed to be a apart of the fellowship we have formed down there, and i hope to be calling you guys soon to check up.

Jana and family, i hope that this weekend went smoothly and joyfully for all of you. To Andrea and Dallas, i've been thinking and praying for you all weekend, and i pray that your wedding this weekend is only the beginning of a beautiful life-long union. To the rest of the people in Highland, i will be seeing you very soon!! I can't wait!

And to all the other incredible people that i have met and become friends with, which are also lucky enough to read this top secret website (whatever), i miss you and i hope to get in touch with you soon.

Lord, bless all who read this and those people that have made such an indelible impact in my life. I understand that you have a purpose for me in many places, but i just ask that that they may know how much i appreciate them and how you have used them to get me where i am today.

So, term 2 has started at camp champions. My hair is longer, my skin is darker, the bags under my eyes have gotten blacker, but im still having the time of my life. This term has a lot of campers from Houston, and also from a predominantly Jewish community. I believe that all but two in my new cabin are Jewish. For me, this is an awesome oppurtunity for me to learn about their culture and more importantly about their beliefs. I've studied about Judaism, but know very little about the culture. I'd love for you to pray for my new cabin that we may be able to form relationships under God's great love.

Letting go of the first term campers was not as hard as i thought. I loved all our guys very much, but was kind of happy to see them move on. A couple of them told me that this was probably the best camp they'd be, and it was awesome to talk to their parents to see how much appreciation they had for us. I praise you Lord, for the success of first term and ask that you watch over the guys as they move back in and move on in the world.

I also enjoyed my time off in between first and second. Even though it was only 18 hours long!!!! We went to a friends lake house and about 20 of us stayed the night and watched a movie and hung out on the lake. I went jetskiing for about half an hour! It was a blast. I worked out that you can flip a jetski if you take a sharp turn and gun it while you're flying at 30 mph!! But i also learned the best part of jetskiing is getting thrown off one!

James 1:22-25 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

~Lord, i long for you word...help me to remember what you have taught me...help me to apply what you have taught me...help me to teach others what you have taught me...I praise you for my friends and family...keep them safe in your grace. Amen.~

1 comment:

J-and-j said...

Hooray! You had a successful first term... :) Good luck with the next.

Wedding was absolutely perfect. Perfect!

Jet Ski's are Awesome...and yes...getting thrown is the funnest part...ironically.

BTW...nice ~tildas~...hahaha